– fixed “not supported” issue causing orders not to be sent when using updated version of TWS
– if you have not updated to 2022r01 before, click Tools, Reset to Deafult Symbols to update to the new IB exchanges
– if you are getting the “…can’t be downloaded securely message” when downloading the installer, you have to go through the following steps
1. use Microsoft Edge,
2. click the “…” to the right of the filename,
3. select “Keep”,
4. “Keep Anyway”,
5. select the “…” again,
6. select “Keep”,
7. click “Show more”,
8. “Keep anyway”.
9. You can now click “Open file” to run the installer
10. Next pop-up is “Windows pretected your PC…” – click “More info”
11. Click “Run Anyway” – you may have to slide to the right side of the window to see the option
Hi Larry, I’ve done the installation steps as you advised. BT runs and the quotes come in as well. The problem is, BT will not send out OR TWS will not receive the orders, I don’t know if BT is not sending orders out or if TWS is not accepting them. Please help, I’ve been a member of BT for many years.
Check the twserror file in your BT folder and let me know what error messages are there.
11/29/2022 7:52:20.248 AM: Connected to IB: TWS server version 76 at 20221129 07:52:19 MST
11/29/2022 7:52:20.623 AM: 2104 Market data farm connection is OK:usfarm.nj
11/29/2022 7:52:20.626 AM: 2104 Market data farm connection is OK:usfuture
11/29/2022 7:52:20.628 AM: 2104 Market data farm connection is OK:cafarm
11/29/2022 7:52:20.630 AM: 2104 Market data farm connection is OK:cashfarm
11/29/2022 7:52:20.634 AM: 2104 Market data farm connection is OK:usopt
11/29/2022 7:52:20.637 AM: 2104 Market data farm connection is OK:usfarm
11/29/2022 7:52:20.640 AM: 2106 HMDS data farm connection is OK:ushmds.nj
11/29/2022 7:52:20.642 AM: 2106 HMDS data farm connection is OK:ushmds
11/29/2022 7:52:20.645 AM: 2158 Sec-def data farm connection is OK:secdefil
11/29/2022 7:52:28.526 AM: 10268 The ‘EtradeOnly’ order attribute is not supported.
11/29/2022 7:52:30.736 AM: 10147 OrderId 20840 that needs to be cancelled is not found.
Hi Larry, above are error messages as requested. Thanks, Lee
Hi Larry, I’ve entered the correct key and it has been accepted but I am not able to Mute the Alerts. I have it checked but they will not mute.
Right click the BT icon when you run BT, then select Run as Admin and enter your key.