Getting Started Guide for first time users to using the Interactive Brokers TWS + Bracket Trader system
For first time installations, follow the following sequence exactly.
Install or upgrade your Java. It is recommended by IB to remove anything with Java in your computer first.
|2||Trader Workstation||Download and install the latest Trader Workstation|
|3||Microsoft Visual C++ 2005||Download and install the Visual C++ 2005 from Microsoft - this is required by the IB API to register properly|
|4||IB API - 9.71||
Download and install API (9.70)
Download and install Bracket Trader
If you just upgraded to version 2013r13 or later, you need to run Reset to Default Symbols in the Tools menu to use the new symbol format
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT USE THE BETA API (9.72) FROM IB'S WEBSITE !
Things to do after a successful installation.
1. Review the Help file
2. Register with the forum - secret code is 8888
3. Run TWS - you can test TWS without an actual account - use the following to login
username - edemo
password - demouser
4. Go to the Configure menu of TWS, click API and check the "Enable ActiveX and Socket Client" option
5. Run Bracket Trader - you can test the functions live with the edemo TWS, or you can can use your own account and trade in simulation mode
6. Register Bracket Trader after you have tested all the features you need in your trading
Latest release - 2017r01