– fixed “not supported” issue causing orders not to be sent when using updated version of TWS
– if you have not updated to 2022r01 before, click Tools, Reset to Deafult Symbols to update to the new IB exchanges
– if you are getting the “…can’t be downloaded securely message” when downloading the installer, you have to go through the following steps
1. use Microsoft Edge,
2. click the “…” to the right of the filename,
3. select “Keep”,
4. “Keep Anyway”,
5. select the “…” again,
6. select “Keep”,
7. click “Show more”,
8. “Keep anyway”.
9. You can now click “Open file” to run the installer
10. Next pop-up is “Windows pretected your PC…” – click “More info”
11. Click “Run Anyway” – you may have to slide to the right side of the window to see the option
Today is an exciting day for active futures day traders. Today is when traders can start trading the Micro E-minis, micro-minis, or MES, which is similar to ES but only 1/10 of the value, and therefore the cost. You won’t win much but you won’t risk much. You can hone your trading skills until you are ready to trade the standard ES contract.
Registered Bracket Traders can trade the micro E-mini right away by just adding the symbol.
The procedure for adding CAD futures is the same as for adding any other symbols. The first thing to do is right click the symbol in TWS , then select “Contract Info”, “Description”. From the table – Product = Symbol, the rest are equivalent.
Windows 10 will not “remember” the keys and settings for your BT unless BT is “Run as Admin”.
To set BT to always “Run as Admin”, do the following steps –
Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find “Bracket Trader” and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location.
Step 2: A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.
Step 3: In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced…
Step 4: In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.
Step 5: The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu.
Beware – there might be a pop-up every time you run BT asking if you want to allow BT to make changes – just answer “yes”. This will allow any changes you made in the settings to be “remembered”.