Ensign has updated their powerful charting software to Ensign 10 (E10). With E10, the old BT link files won’t work anymore. However, an entirely new set of link files + a new BT release is now available which will work with E10 playback. The new link is much faster and will stream almost all ticks from the playback.
Here are the instructions on how to setup the E10 playback –
1. download the 2012r01 release of BT and the ESPL.zip
2. place the ESPL.zip file in the c:\Ensign10 folder and unzip – it will automatically unzip to the ESPL folder
3. run BT and select “ENSIGN 10 Playback” as your Data Source
4. setup E10 playback
5. click the ESPL button when the chart is running
6. you can close the ESPL window when data is already streaming to BT